Sunday, April 25, 2010

The no-dig garden update...

Did someone say I planted a no-dig jungle? My no-dig garden is doing wonderful and has provided a bounty that has kept me cooking for weeks.

So far, a million different version of salads, trays of eggplant parmigiana to use up the basil, a day of pizza dough making so I could pluck off and pile on, herb omelettes for weekend brunch...can't wait for winter roasts for the rosemary! Oh and the radishes are almost ready. Plus more marigolds than you could of ever imagined.

The no-dig jungle

A no dig garden + farmer's market = an afternoon of cooking!
DSC01180

The herb potato salad
DSC01183

Yet another tray of eggplant, basil and buffalo mozzarella parmigiana
DSC01186

It's even more of a jungle now than in these pictures from last week. Yesterday I spotted a ladybug as well. However...the caterpillars have arrived...not too over the moon about the meal they have made of my lettuces and also the pak choi! Oh well, you live and learn. Hopefully tomorrow a day of sowing more seeds and harvesting something new...pure bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment