Saturday, June 19, 2010

if music be the food of love, play on!


Ok
, back to the gladness!

TUESDAY
An 'Insights Night' where we invite Patrons and Friends to find out all about new productions. The Insights were great (even for seasoned workers!).
Glad moment: Sitting in the back row like naughty school children was also most agreeable.

WEDNESDAY
Um, er...pass.

THURSDAY
Dinner with friends who work too hard... escaping the office at 5.15pm, dinner, dessert and drinks after...
Glad moment: Team Gourmet rocks.

FRIDAY
I think I have morose Friday's, that is, I always somehow end up with a rather anti-climatic feeling. So there I was walking home feeling rather flat (it may also have been the effect of two or three glasses of wine on an empty stomach) but...lets say a slight ennui was engulfing me. Suddenly I had musical accompaniment! There is a violist who lives on one street I travel as I walk home. I don't hear them all the time, but sometimes (usually when you least expect it) notes catch you and then I stop and listen for a few minutes. Tonight after my stop with the violinist, I was walking down my own street and there was a lovely soprano voice. Haven't heard that one before....but how lovely. Ennui gone, glad face back on.
Glad moment: Walk home concerts.

SATURDAY
Possums in the park by daylight. Taking the Golden Moongose for a spin around a few blocks to enjoy the sunshine and spotting another cyclist who has stopped and is doing what can only be described as chatting to a possum. Now I love these possums, but I have never seen them by daylight. Usually it's night and I have been known to hand over a piece of fruit (that has spent too much time at the bottom of my handbag) but here was one in broad daylight...we both stopped, we watched as a possum decided the ground cover plants was a better place to hide than on the street chatting to two cyclists...and ran off!
Glad moment: random wildlife moments

No comments:

Post a Comment