Thursday, August 27, 2009

Behind Ballet wrap

“Social media sites offer exposure into another world that one may normally never get access to” says Kate. And that is the intention of Behind Ballet. “We were always coming across these great stories that we wanted to share with everyone.”
This is from Kate Scott, Marketing and Communications Manager at the Australian Ballet. The Behind Ballet blog is beautiful and beautiful in the way that anything about Ballet can be beautiful, yes I agree, ballerinas (and boys) are usually far more photogenic than most other stage performers. The genius in all of this however, is that link between content the AB has and an audience eager to view and interact. And it's not all 'dear reader, today we opened in Sydney...'. The Behind Ballet blog covers questions, to trips down memory lane, to fashion and movies...and for me a query about the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty had me instantly as a I read and sought to answer the query I had..'will it be like the movie?'.

I'm sure I could find about 10 stories right now from the place of toil that we weren't able to share with everyone, and give me a room full of eager people who love the artform and we could probably come up with 50 ideas about our art and its links. Surely, this is what it is about...using a medium that can allow a voice, an interaction, a transparency and a digital record of just what we do with tax payer's money and its relevance to every day life. Beautiful yes. Smart, even more so.



No comments:

Post a Comment