Friday, January 1, 2010

...and so we beat on


Gasp!....2010.

I will not attempt to write a 'best of 2009' post followed by a heady list of resolutions too soon forgotten and neatly summed up with a thoughtful and poignant remark about my hopes for 2010. Nor will I rant about the all those things we were suppose to have by this oddly futuristic date...aka where's my flying car Marty McFly? Nor will I do a best of the decade-type post as I'm sure 2003 and bits of 2006 slipped out of my brain at some stage. Instead I'm going to steal a quote from my favourite heroine Elizabeth Bennet and say that this year

'I am only resolved to act in that manner, which will, in my own opinion, constitute my happiness, without reference to you, or to any person so wholly unconnected with me...'

So there 19th century nirvana, pure and simple. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment