Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Like Hawaii threw up on my plum pudding

My (Hawaii threw up on the 70's) Christmas

or the 70's...that's how I'm describing this picture taken on Christmas Day. Well I had to do something to entertain myself and what better than an ugly tablecloth, some punch and umbrellas in my drink. Super stylish I know.

I made that pudding myself as well, but that involved hours of recipe research, extensive fruit soaking, a trip to pick up my pudding calico, soaking said calico, making the pudding, fussing about with how much flour was required to be spread on the cloth for skin forming, constructing a complex hanging method so the pudding is neither completely submerged nor not submerged enough...hours of waiting, a complete failure, a do-over, more hours of waiting...and then a week or so of worry before pudding time...but that is a much longer story!

No comments:

Post a Comment