Thursday, September 3, 2009

Future Tense


I had never heard of the ABC Radio National program called 'Future Tense'. Probably because I don't listen to Radio National except when sitting in the back of taxis. Nevertheless, some interesting discussions are taking place on the airwaves about the future of museums with panels headed up by some of my favourite practitioners. Well worth the few minutes to tune in and listen to the podcast. Hey I might even listen after they stop discussing museums...rather Beyond 2000 me thinks (I always loved that show)....

Future Tense is essential listening for those interested in exploring the social, cultural, political and economic fault lines arising from rapid change. The weekly half-hour program/podcast takes a critical look at new technologies, new approaches and new ways of thinking. From politics to media to environmental sustainability, nothing is outside its brief. Future Tense explores the issues and provides critical analysis, offering an insight into how our world is changing and how we in turn are learning to adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment