Monday, October 12, 2009

Government publications for a Monday...


Wow, what an exciting life I must lead when I stumble across an Australian Government website and squee with glee!

Don't mind me, I can just see a line of this report sitting somewhere in my upcoming paper about the role of new media (aka digital technologies) and exhibitions. Surely if the government is advocating it, I mean there is a whole economy to build, it must be important.

The Australian Government released the Australia's Digital Economy: Future Directions paper on 14 July 2009 which outlines:

  • why the digital economy is important for Australia
  • the current state of digital economy engagement in Australia and why current metrics point to a need for strategic action
  • the elements of a successful digital economy
  • the role for the Government in developing Australia's digital economy, and
  • case studies of Australians who have successfully engaged with the digital economy from a diversity of industries including content, e-health, maps, banking, education, smart technology and citizen journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment