Saturday, October 17, 2009

To intranet or intra-not?


I've recently become part of a team working on the development of our first intranet. It's a big project but progress is being made (and it will be all finished by the time I get back from leave...yes?). In our search for context and platform I was reminded of a few articles and examples I had seen...and what do you know...I didn't find them again, they found me. So for the benefit of the intranet team (hello!) here's some things that might prove interesting (or perhaps at least diverting) to follow up.

Details the trials and tribulations of using various wiki software and a chat with the Powerhouse IT Manager about a product called 'Confluence'.

Click the link, click the link! This is so simple but awesome. An example of the Indianapolis Museum of Art's use of a dashboard that brings together facts and stats about museum...wonderful! This is used both externally on their website and I believe on the homepage of their intranet.


No comments:

Post a Comment