Tuesday, October 27, 2009

National Cultural Policy


Also up today, the Minister for the Arts (and crazy dancing in 1980's video clips) Mr Peter Garrett launched the national cultural policy. The words 'national cultural policy' make me shudder a bit...too much reading of dystopia (or was it anti-utopia?) at uni I suspect (I'm always waiting for big brother to step up and declare what 'culture' is and what is not and then hand me my matching outfit that we all wear...but I digress).

The Australian Government wants your feedback about the future of cultural policy in this nation. We haven't had a real policy since the Keating days...and I'm not sure anyone really gave us the chance to have a say about it before (does this mean they might actually listen?)...so what are you waiting for?

Is this the start of a utopia? Or another publicity stunt? Either way have your say, come on...I need some light entertainment to fill my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment